a proliferation of analyses

psychology will soon be my bread and butter. i figure now is as good a time as any to start the grocery shopping.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Schizophrenia - Paranoid

Yup. I'm doing a presentation on paranoid schizophrenia. Should be fun, as long as the voices in my head are quiet enough that I can hear myself talking to the class. I think I'm going to start out with a clip from "A Beautiful Mind", since John Nash had paranoid delusions derived from a schizophrenic disorder.

From there, we'll look at the criteria for diagnosis, based on the DSM (which should be here any day. It arrived in Edmonton on Friday - today is Tuesday and I have yet to receive it. I am not a patient person.). After that? Who knows - my partner should be doing the rest of the work. At least...that's what I think.

Anyways - I just realized that I am fat. Actually, that's not true. I didn't JUST realize it. I've recognized that fact that I've been gaining weight for some time now. But the time has come to do something about it. However - people like my buddy's sister keep giving me reasons NOT to start running.




And, she also gave me a reason not to let my wife run, either.




Not that my wife looks like the woman in the video. But you get the idea.

Oh yeah...schizophrenia presentation. So...if anyone knows a schizophrenic - if you could let me know...or give me a video of them in the midst of a hallucination, that would be great.

Thanks ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogRankings.com

Blog Directory & Search engine
.