Plato, Aristotle and Augustine...and stuff
Oh this should be fun. I'm joking - so not looking forward to a debate coming up in my History of Psychology course.
We have to debate Plato's view of the soul...and by debate, I mean develop an argument, understand Aristotle and Augustine well enough to poke holes in their theories, and somehow try to impress the prof - who knows virtually everything about Plato. If I was the swearing type - I would let loose right now. F@#%ing prof. F@%^ing debates.
Anyways...I have a Geography test coming up on Friday...shouldn't be too bad - the prof in that class makes me feel like Mr. Rogers smoked a serious joint before coming to class to teach. It's pretty bad. When he is asked to clarify something he read from the text (since he doesn't teach - he just reads from the text) he simply refers you to the text. For goodness sake, man. It's ridiculous.
So many random things in my head. Go to Pandora. It's unbelievably cool. You put in the name of your favourite band or favourite song or whatever, and it pulls a bunch of songs and compiles it into your own personal playlist. It takes the main components that are in the band or artist you like (like major or minor key tonality, electric/acoustic/mixed guitars, subtle/obvious vocal harmonies, time signatures, etc.) and pulls out songs that are similar to what you said you like. It's pretty wicked. And yes, it's free. I'm a student - I wouldn't even know about it if it weren't free.
We have to debate Plato's view of the soul...and by debate, I mean develop an argument, understand Aristotle and Augustine well enough to poke holes in their theories, and somehow try to impress the prof - who knows virtually everything about Plato. If I was the swearing type - I would let loose right now. F@#%ing prof. F@%^ing debates.
Anyways...I have a Geography test coming up on Friday...shouldn't be too bad - the prof in that class makes me feel like Mr. Rogers smoked a serious joint before coming to class to teach. It's pretty bad. When he is asked to clarify something he read from the text (since he doesn't teach - he just reads from the text) he simply refers you to the text. For goodness sake, man. It's ridiculous.
So many random things in my head. Go to Pandora. It's unbelievably cool. You put in the name of your favourite band or favourite song or whatever, and it pulls a bunch of songs and compiles it into your own personal playlist. It takes the main components that are in the band or artist you like (like major or minor key tonality, electric/acoustic/mixed guitars, subtle/obvious vocal harmonies, time signatures, etc.) and pulls out songs that are similar to what you said you like. It's pretty wicked. And yes, it's free. I'm a student - I wouldn't even know about it if it weren't free.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home