a proliferation of analyses

psychology will soon be my bread and butter. i figure now is as good a time as any to start the grocery shopping.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Sweaty...

So - last post (quite some time ago, I know...) I mentioned buying an elliptical machine. Cheryl calls it dainty (she's one of the ones living in the basement), I call it awesome. I'm up to 9 kms every other day. Takes me about 1/2 hr. On the "off" days, I do about 6 clicks in 20 minutes. I've dropped about 8 pounds in the last three weeks. Now I just need to finish school and buy a gym membership.

Today was an "off" day...so now I shower and go do some homework. I find that running every day really helps me focus - I've burnt off all the nervous energy for the day, so I can sit down for 3 hours and just work straight through (provided I've been fed and watered).

Best Buy gift cards are going on the Christmas lists...actually, besides John Grisham's new book, that's all that's going on the list. Bren got into the Master's program at Athabasca University, so we need a laptop - that way I can hang out at school and do work. There are computer labs at school, but they're more like an East Indian marketplace than a computer lab...hot, crowded, and very noisy. I get a laptop, I can work anywhere quiet...which is what I like. Silence to do homework - otherwise I get distracted. Silence and my music - the ultimate in focus-studies!!

Anyways...I should shower before my house smells like a gym...or MORE like a gym.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogRankings.com

Blog Directory & Search engine
.