a proliferation of analyses

psychology will soon be my bread and butter. i figure now is as good a time as any to start the grocery shopping.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Do you ever...

feel the need to write something - that you have something important to say, but you're just not quite sure how to do it? I kind of feel like that right now. In a couple of my classes lately, we've really been going at some deep stuff - in my Continental philosophy class, in my Sr. Psych seminar, even my history seminar...lots of thinking happening, but I can't seem to get it out in a coherent way. Maybe I'll try again once the semester is over...I'll have more time to focus on what it is exactly that I'm trying to think about.

I will give you who read this a prelude into what this might look like - then you'll know better than to start reading the next few posts!

Is truth relative? Who decides how we decide what we decide? Is there any such thing as a beginning (aside from Genesis)? Does God allow suffering or cause it?

Yeah - if you have any thoughts on these few questions, let me know. I'm trying to avoid theology as much as possible, so don't give me "God is in control" answers. I know that. But I am also human and want human explanations for as much as possible. I refuse to use God as a crutch for the things that I cannot understand. If I do not understand something, it is because I have not tried hard enough, not because God is playing hide and seek with me.

cheers,

ash

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogRankings.com

Blog Directory & Search engine
.