a proliferation of analyses

psychology will soon be my bread and butter. i figure now is as good a time as any to start the grocery shopping.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Long time comin'...

So, coming up on 9 months since the last post, hey? Yikes. I'm sitting here at my new job, waiting to hear from a principal about meeting with a kid that reminds me of my cousin, Kelsey. This job has some pretty odd elements to it, but I absolutely love it. I have yet to wake up dreading going to work - that used to happen all the time.

Oh yeah - long time since I posted...I spent the summer after graduation working at the counseling clinic and The Family Centre. In late August, I saw a job advertised with the Edmonton Catholic School District. I figured there was no harm in applying, so I did. And, out of 45 applicants, I got the job. So now I work as what is called the School Team Advisor for Youth. Basically what I do is go to 10 different schools and spend time talking with kids about their lives. We discuss the choices they make in life, what impact those choices can have, their friends, family...all kinds of stuff that affects jr. high kids. So, yeah - I work in 10 different north side ECSD jr highs. I see about 12 kids a week, plus any extra stuff I do (I'm organizing a 7th grade leadership group in one of the schools; going on field trips, doing drug presentations, etc.). It's busy, but I really do love it.

I have also started my Master's in Counseling Psychology. It's a lot of work, and I've only just finished the orientation. Man...

Anyway - I need to get back to working, but I thought it was time for an update.

See ya.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogRankings.com

Blog Directory & Search engine
.